4501 Rowlett Rd., Suite 200
Rowlett, TX 75088
Every Thursday from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., any one 60 years of age or older can pick up their weekly food from the pantry. This will include fresh produce & non-perishable food items. This program is for all registered clients.
Grant Writer & Fundraiser
Manager of Pantry Services
* Must bring a picture ID & proof of current residency with you to registration
Our impact partners provide service to clients that are not in our local area so that we can help more people in more places. Find out more about our impact partners.
Our staff is at the Food Pantry & Clothing Center five days a week to help those who have the need for food & clothes.
mission & vision
Feed the hungry, Help those in need and Give hope to those we serve.
- We are distributing food to an average of 600 families per week
- Adding to the growing list of clients at approximately 90 families per month
- Over 5,500 families are listed as clients of Life Message
- Life Message is an agency of the North Texas Food Bank
- We pick up donated food from 11 retail stores in DFW including Aldi, Kroger, Sprouts, Target, Walmart & Sam's
- Food is distributed four times per week on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
- Life Message has no restrictions on zip codes, city, county or income for any family in need of assistance
- Life Message currently has 23 Impactful Partners in Dallas, Garland, Rowlett, Wylie, Sachse and Mesquite that help to reach families
- By the end of 2014, Life Message distributed 1,331,256 pounds of food to feed the hungry
- In 2015, Life Message distributed 1,949,601 pounds of food to over 22,000 families in the DFW area
- In 2016, Life Message distributed 2,092,215 pounds of food to over 24,000 families in the DFW area
2009 - Life Message received its 501(c)(3) certification and began to make plans for a direction.
2011 - Officially opened the Life Message Food Pantry & Clothing Center in Garland, TX
2012 - Moved the Food Pantry & Clothing Center in February 2012 to it's current location in Rowlett, TX. The numbers grew from 30 families in one month to an average of 300 families in one week.
2012 - In November, we officially opened The Thrift Store in Rowlett, TX. Proceeds from the store help Life Message to support the food pantry and offer programs to our clients.
2013 - Opened the furniture/homegoods side of the Thrift Store
2014 - Moved into our administrative offices.
The pantry was remodeled in December to accommodate more food with better efficiency.
2016 - February 11th marked our 4th year anniversary at our location in Rowlett, TX
Through collaborative partnerships and expanded outreach programs, we are fighting hunger by bringing food and services to our local communities - This is our mission.